Where Candidates for Congress Stand
U.S. House, Hawaii 2
1. WHAT ARE THE BEST WAYS THAT CONGRESS CAN HELP TO REDUCE THE ENERGY AND WATER CONSUMPTION OF BUILDINGS TO HELP MAKE THEM MORE SUSTAINABLE?
Find a source to desalinate water using:
(1) Sustainable Infrastructure:
Buildings: Magnetic Generators.
Cure4 Water the atmospheric generators can harvest 200-2000 gallons of water daily virtually anywhere in the world providing our citizens with fresh water all year long. 12Kw per day can generate 2000 gallons of water. It comes with a 40 year lifespan and a 20 year warranty.
2. WHICH OF THESE SUSTAINABLE BUILDING POLICIES DO YOU SUPPORT AND WOULD WORK TO ENACT IF ELECTED?
a. Set benchmarking requirements for commercial buildings and encourage cities and states to adopt performance-based standards for buildings,
c. Provide incentives to states and localities to adopt the most up-to-date energy building codes,
d. Renew and expand tax incentives for energy efficient buildings,
g. Invest in the retrofitting of schools, community centers, libraries and other civic buildings to improve occupant safety and reduce energy consumption, especially in underserved communities,
h. Conduct research into the most promising technologies, products and materials that improve occupant health and reduce transmission of contagious disease while saving energy
3. IF ELECTED, WHAT STEPS WILL YOU TAKE TO ENSURE THAT ALL AMERICANS, REGARDLESS OF SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS, ARE ABLE TO BENEFIT FROM HEALTHY AND SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGS?
This is an important topic to consider, being that the world is more susceptible to hazards and disasters, especially during our current global climate changes that affect both our health as well as safety,
Building safer homes and buildings requires changing building codes upgrading the standards, constantly reviewing policies and laws that may hinder building codes and standards. We need to look at conserving energy as well as manufacturing homes and buildings that will reduce energy consumption.
4. IF ELECTED, WHAT STEPS WILL YOU TAKE TO TRAIN AND PREPARE PEOPLE FOR CLEAN ENERGY JOBS THAT ADVANCE SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGS AND BUILDING COMPONENTS?
Currently, on my staff I have two colleagues that have experience in energy resources who have served in the U.S Military. I will contact resources that have implemented processes/energy cost efficiency.
Building a coalition and establishing relationships to learn and train personnel by setting up institutions to educate and teach the new principles of energy efficient buildings and homes.
Education will play a major role in awareness. We should require a mandatory subject within our Secondary educational system in revising the curriculum.
5. ARE YOU WILLING TO WORK WITH THE BUILDING SECTOR TO MAKE SURE THAT TRANSFORMING BUILDINGS IS PART OF THE POLICY DEBATE IN CONGRESS, INCLUDING JOINING CAUCUSES THAT ADVOCATE FOR SUSTAINABLE BUILDING POLICIES? IF YES, HOW WILL YOU DO THAT?
Yes, I support policy debate.
I would build a coalitions then present a research study as to why we should accept the Proposal/Bill/Act. Informing our colleagues/representatives with:
1) Primary Research.
2) Secondary Research/Data/Statistics.
3) Consider Cultural, Traditions, Economics and Geographical needs.
Education and Collaboration is the key when dealing with the Wise people.
6. DO YOU HAVE ANY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES RELATED TO SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGS (E.G., SUPPORTING LEGISLATION IN ELECTED OFFICE, MADE ENERGY EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENTS TO A HOME, OFFICE, COMMUNITY-WIDE, ETC.)?
No one needs experience related to sustainable buildings. What one needs is the skill and talent to establish or assemble a team of followers to believe in the direction. Secondly delegate assigning committee heads motivated enough to see the project through its entirety.
To ask if I have personal knowledge limits the progression. Leadership with the knack to encourage his/her subordinates, with a philosophy that shows the reasons, importance, results that may motivate the committee/team to achieve.
People are driven by their own sub-conscientiousness. If a leader can tailor/transform the sub-conscience by coaching, teaching and mentoring one may be able to step out of the comfort zone and experience calculated risks.
To qualify it takes educational discipline/grit and self-worth. A leader can accomplish a mile stone with dedication, strong work ethics and commitment. Utilizing the three C's:
BuildingAction does not endorse candidates in primary or general elections. Nothing in this report should be construed as support or opposition to any candidate. Candidates and parties are listed alphabetically. BuildingAction made every effort to report on candidates’ positions accurately; any mistakes or omissions were inadvertent. Please email with any suggested corrections.)